Monday, July 27, 2009

R.I.P. Grandpa Ed



This man is one of the most uhh-mazing people I have met. I will never forget him. He had a temper problem like you wouldn't believe but I loved my grandpa so much more than anyone would know.

I moved in with my grandfather when I found out he had cancer. It killed me but I wanted to be there when he needed me the most. I had to watch him decrease in health over the year and a half that the cancer overtook his body. The good times definitely over powered the negative times. I truly do miss him something fierce. While I stayed there, our relationship grew alot closer than I ever imagined. Which made it 500% harder when he passed away. I do have to say when he was alive and in good health we werent really that close but it was incredible at how we bonded in the time I stayed there.

I miss helping him to the bathroom and scratching his back for an HOUR when it itched (LOL) and eating our Snickers bars together. I would do anything to have that time back with him. I keep thinking its not fair that he had to go but its part of life. Life and Death, i suppose.

As the days go on I should be healing but every time I think of him or a funny thing he did, I bust out into tears. It's just not fair, not him. If he were still alive alot of things that are happening wouldn't be happening.

My grandfather passed away February 28, 2009. I got kicked out like March 2, 2009. We had his funeral March 7, 2009. Oh yeah, he owned a trucking business called Hayhurst Trucking, which is now 100% owned by his wife. But, he has like 25 employees and Lenny our oldest truck driver committed suicide on April 7. Its been extremely difficult for me to deal with it but I have been hanging on. Trying to be happy for the memories that I had with my grandfather and Lenny. It's still unrealistic that they are gone for goood.

My family since than has broke, they have turned their back on me in so many ways. I don't think they understand how close me and my grandfather had gotten and now its over forever until we meet again. I miss him so much, I just want him back. So I can be happy again. Smile :)

Well, I love you grandpa and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss you. Apparently God needed you more than we did :) you will always live on forever.
I just hope that my heart can heal so I can move on and for oonce finally be happy again because I know thats waht you would like,
I love you <3

Smile, though your heart is aching :)

0 comments: